Join us and keep the crickets chirping in Utah!
Salty Cricket Composers Collective is looking to fill the following PART TIME, TEMPORARY employment opportunity.
Seeking 2 Teaching Artists (1 choral / 1 accompaniment) for an eight week music intensive, to be taught at Jackson Elementary School (750 W 200 N Salt Lake City). Begins August 21, 2017.
- Providing classroom instruction for students, grades K-6 on the following schedule:
- Mondays, 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Tuesdays, 9:15 am – 2:30 pm
- Wednesdays, 11:30 am – 1:45 pm
- Thursdays, 12:30 pm – 2:45 pm
- Fridays, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Implementing curriculum, with an eye toward constant evaluation and adjustment of that curriculum, as needed by students
- Curriculum will center strongly on choral singing
- Will incorporate theory as part of music learning
- Will also feature bucket band
- Reporting progress in a timely manner and work toward final outcomes as described in curriculum
- Conform to school day norms and expectations
- Other as needed
Strongly Suggested Skills:
- Professional training in Music
- Choral leadership and/or accompaniment experience
- Rigorous theory knowledge
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Bilingual a HUGE plus (Spanish and English)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of El Sistema model and principles a plus
- Willingness to think about music pedagogy in new and flexible ways
Total compensation will be based on the expected total for the project: $3,280
Includes direct teaching time, 16.5 hours of training, Planning / Admin time, and supervision.
This project will repeat in the future and could potentially lead to additional contracts.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Victoria Petro-Eschler by August 4, 2017. email@example.com